On Saturday, 23rd November, 21 The British Schools' students attended ICMUN in Punta del Este. At this Model United Nations conference organised by International College, our school represented the delegations of China, Mexico and Morocco.
We are proud of all participants for their commitment and excellent performance. The following achievements deserve to be highlighted:
- Malena Jorba (4YL) passed a resolution against the legalisation of abortion.
- Elisabeth Wendel (4YL) secured approval of a resolution on drones and the invasion of privacy.
- A resolution on the use of cannabis for medical purposes drafted by Sophia Bakkalian (3YL) was debated in GA6 (Legal Committee), chaired by Agustín López (3YL).
- Gabriel Faes (3YL) was assigned to GA4 (Special Political and Decolonisation Committee), where he moderated the debate for the first time.
- Federico Schuscheim (4YL) attended his first MUN conference and covered the event as a member of the Media Team.